10 amazing things you should experience before you die (and I already did in 2014!)

Over the last few weeks my Facebook feed has been bombarded with list made by travel bloggers. List with their 2014 records (20 countries in 4 months! or 50.000 miles in just 3 weeks!). Or list with their travel bucket list for 2015; I assume to show travel agencies that there's an opportunity for them to send these bloggers to pretty much where-ever! Other made a list of the top 20 travel gadgets to wanted for Christmas. Let's hope they didn't get them all, as 2015 will literally be a heavy year for them!
We all want to be part of a tribe, so I decided I just write myself one of these list too! But you all know, I'm not a fan of records. I don't even know to how many countries I've been last year, let alone how many hours I've been on a plane, a bus, a train, a bike, a car or a bicycle. 

"I'm a girl who travels
to gather experiences
not records."

So what would be better than compiling a list of some of the best experiences I had in 2014? A list of amazing things I believe every one of you should try to experience at least once in your life, but feel free to add your personal dreams to this list and share them in the comments!

Not in order of preference whatsoever:

1. Shop for groceries like a mondaine Parisienne at Au Bon Marché



2. Prepare yourself to go to a traditional Indian wedding

Picture credit to my friend Gwenn Geertsen


3. Go on a food (not foot!) pelgrimage in the capital of street food, Penang!



4. Read and buy your favorite book in the world's most beautiful bookstore in Maastricht



5. Search for your personal 'lucky buddha' at the amulets market in Bangkok



6. Fold the most amazing Japanese paper crane you've ever seen

Dank je wel aan Joyce voor de video!

7. Indulge on the best chocolate eggs for Easter in Belgium



8. Toss pickled vegetables with your friends to celebrate Chinese New Year



9. Cry when listening to the most melancholic tango music in Buenos Aires



10. Surf the waves of Bali for the first time in your life


When I was compiling this list something amazing happened. For the first time I started really reflecting on how my life as a fulltime traveler has been for the last couple of years. And it's been an amazing ride! I'm super thankful for being able to do this and I hope 2015 will bring me much much more of all of this!

~~~~~~~
Keep a closer eye on me via Facebook and get the latest news update my travels in South-America.
Just click here. Don't forget to LikeLikeLike!
~~~~~~~~

2 reacties:

Lieve zei

Lucky I'm not a complete loser... I've done already two of them

Lienx zei

't Is een to-do list, geen loser list he :-)

Laat mij raden... paaseieren eten en in penang eetstallekes leegeten :-)

2 reacties:

Lieve zei

Lucky I'm not a complete loser... I've done already two of them

Lienx zei

't Is een to-do list, geen loser list he :-)

Laat mij raden... paaseieren eten en in penang eetstallekes leegeten :-)

 

5 reasons to get the newsletter

1. you don't need to surf to this website
2. it's free
3. your personal details are safe
4. you know first about all the new adventures
5. you don't like, unscribe with just 1 click

@NoMadBelgian on Instagram