Everything is going to be ok

Some people claim that I am the adventurous type. Whether this is true depends on your definition of ’adventurous’. I am not afraid to set off on my own, also when it comes to areas that would not necessarily fit into the ‘Standard Travel Destination’ category. Without any problems, I will sleep in a hut with cockroaches and eat something that could be categorised as ‘domestic pet’, but it usually doesn’t get much weirder than that.

A while ago, (actually about half a year ago already, but I am rather slow when it comes to publishing) I went on a trip that I would consider rather adventurous. Not discouraged by my lack of experience and knowledge I hired a scooter and went on a road trip in the north of Thailand for a few days (only towards the end one finds out how long that will take). The adventure was preceded by doubts (do I really have to do this?), a little fear (I hope I wont get mugged), and my mind saying “no!” 

But over the last months, during my previous travels, I realised that everything always turns out okay. Thanks to my companion, the road, I started trusting this. Out of gasoline? No problem, someone across the road is selling a litre. Flat tyre? No stress, we’ll run into a mechanic. No accommodation booked? No worries, there will always be a place to sleep. After experiencing these things, you simply can’t arrive at a different conclusion: Everything will be alright. 


I was lucky to learn this lesson before I screeched down the asphalt and the scooter died on me. A fantastic couple, Sakba and Mew, stopped and took me to their gigantic banana plantation in the beautiful mountains. And they did what the Thai do best: they smiled, took care of me, fed me and made sure that my only thoughts were: “Everything is going to be alright”.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

0 reacties:

0 reacties:

 

5 reasons to get the newsletter

1. you don't need to surf to this website
2. it's free
3. your personal details are safe
4. you know first about all the new adventures
5. you don't like, unscribe with just 1 click

@NoMadBelgian on Instagram