I'm a Goddess, treat me as such!

The original title of this blog post about Bali was ‘From time to time I deserve to be treated like a Goddess!. But after re-reading, I thought… what the hack!? Let’s just skip the ‘from time to time’ part! I want to be treated like a Goddess ALL the time! Then another brilliant insight popped into my brain (yep, I was on a roll). Why use the word DESERVE when I actually AM a Goddess. Goddess is a word invented just to describe me! 

The tone was set for this blogpost which now calls
“I’m a Goddess, treat me as such.”

Back in September I met 13 other Goddesses in Bali. All of us signed up for a week's worth of true girly-girly pampering on 'The Island of the Gods' (which really should be called 'The Island of the Goddesses'). Daily spa treatments, fresh flowers in the bathroom, surf lessons given by half naked, tanned and very well build men (oh, wait, was that a dream?!), early morning yoga classes to maintain that gorgeous surf goddess body and all day amazing food, created by 6 Balinese Oempa Loempa’s, turning every ingredient into a tailor-made dish (vegan, raw, no dairy, no egg yolk, only fish,… or lots of fried chicken skin, guess who?!). This retreat is designed by women who understand what Goddesses want. 

Oh, wait,
is that a jar of freshly baked cookies next to my bed?
Yep!

For most of these women this retreat was the splurge of a lifetime. A well-deserved break in a hectic career, time away from bad-boyfriends-with-bad-habits, a present for that milestone-birthday or a recovery session after a bad break-up. All of these Goddesses felt they deserved this Surf Goddess Retreat and my god, were they right! Each and every one of them, beautiful women, warm-hearted, caring, passionate, inspirational, amazing. Off course, they deserved it! 



So what's this with us women and this ‘do-I-deserve-this-thing’? To me it implies that we have done something in the past that makes us earn something in the future. Like a nice chocolate cake after an hour sweating in the gym. 

But really, girls, why? Do we not deserve good stuff like this retreat, just because? Do we really need to go through rough times before deserving a little break? I believe we should get over this whole idea of deserving, it doesn’t serve us! It doesn't allow us to enjoy our lifes to the maximum. It holds us back from guelt-free pleasures. Like our yoga Goddess Wid was saying in class: “Let go of what doesn’t serve you anymore”. 

To all of you Goddesses I met during the retreat: thanks for being there, being yourself, being awesome. And never ever forget: we don’t have to deserve it to be treated like a Goddess when we ARE are Goddesses :-)

Love you all. X.

2 reacties:

Isabelle zei

Thanks Lien, well said, you are so right!

Lienx zei

Thanks, Goddess :-)

2 reacties:

Isabelle zei

Thanks Lien, well said, you are so right!

Lienx zei

Thanks, Goddess :-)

 

5 reasons to get the newsletter

1. you don't need to surf to this website
2. it's free
3. your personal details are safe
4. you know first about all the new adventures
5. you don't like, unscribe with just 1 click

@NoMadBelgian on Instagram